Thursday 1 November 2012

Twinkle, Twinkle, Golden Nails


I've been venturing into the mysterious world of nail polish again, and let me tell you I am LOVING it.
My nails look so pretty today, (if I do say so myself) and I'm feeling inspired to do more...

Models Own - Goldrush
Barry M - Gold Mine

I stumbled across these two polishes in Boots last week and instantly the creative juices were going! The two compliment each other so well with their gold glitter but contrasting colours that I couldn't help but get them and have a good old experiment.

This is how my nails currently look:


I used a clear base coat, followed by Models Own - Gold Rush all over my nails, it applies beautifully. I used two coats but it would actually look great with just one if you were short for time, as it dried so fast and still had plenty of sparkle. I absolutely adore the colour of this, it is just SO stand out and sparkly and yet the teeny pieces of glitter mean that it can be subtle and delicate at the same time.

I then used Barry M - Gold Mine just on the very tip of my fourth nail. First I drew a line straight across my nail to get the line across the tip - I used a very small amount of nail polish to do this, in case of any mistakes. It then took about two coats of carefully dabbing more on to get the very black effect I wanted, with enough glitter to be noticed. Again it dried really fast, which was great to say I'd used a lot in one go! The glitter in the Barry M polish isn't quite as sparkly or pretty, but I think it adds to the overall effect. 

I finished off with my clear base/top coat again so that there is no obvious join or difference in texture between the two polishes, plus to add yet more shine. 

I can't wait to try different combinations with these two polishes, the opposite way around, or on their own to name a couple. The Models Own one in particular is probably my all time favourite nail polish and I've only worn it this once haha. 


Here is my hand showing off the nails in a claw shape, just because it's Halloween :D
Happy Halloween everyone!! 





2 comments:

  1. love it !

    xxLiyana
    http://LiyanasAdvice.blogspot.com

    PS : just to let you know that i'm having a mac giveaway on my blog to celebrate my first month of blogging !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your blog is fantastic, I'm now following - you've had an amazing start so well donee :D
      And thankyou :D
      xx

      Delete

Just a big thank you to anyone who takes the time to leave a comment, I can't tell you how much I appreciate it, and I genuinely love to read, and will TRY and reply to each and every one of them.